Cunard | Terms & Conditions
These Booking Terms apply to the business named above (under the ‘Booking with’ section of the Booking Confirmation and the ‘Provider Information’ in the confirmation email) our officers, employees and agents (‘We’/’Us’/’Our’) and the person or legal entity making the Booking or to whom We supply services in respect of the Booking (‘You/Your’). These Booking Terms are governed by Isle of Man law and apply to all Bookings except where We agree in writing other terms. By making a Booking You are deemed to accept these Booking Terms.
Bookings are made and a contract between You and Us comes into effect when We accept a reservation from You. We will accept a reservation when We have confirmed Your reservation and received full payment of the total price quoted from You.
You must be able to enter into a legally binding contract and be over 18yrs to make a Booking. All persons under 25 must produce a valid ID.
Bookings must be paid for using an acceptable and valid credit or debit card.
When a Booking is confirmed, a reservation number is given. This number must be retained for access to the Booking details if cancellation or amendment is necessary.
Non-Refundable bookings require pre-payment and as such are final, any acceptance to the adjustment of dates is at the complete discretion of the management and is not otherwise negotiable.
All published rates include VAT where applicable (and local taxes) at the current rate.
Rates are per apartment per night and calculated by occupancy. If You have selected supplements they will be added to the total price of the Booking. Rates do not include other costs you may choose to incur during Your stay (unless otherwise stated).
Rates quoted are correct only for the specific number of guests, nights and dates shown. Should You change the number of guests, dates or room nights, then the rates are subject to change.
In the rare case that due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot deliver Your requested accommodation, You will be offered alternate dates of availability or a full refund.
Arrival and Departure.
Check-in times are specified on your booking confirmation. Check-in times outside of those specified must be confirmed with Us prior to arrival. The Check-out time is also specified on your booking confirmation.
We will make every endeavour to offer you new availability or booking dates should you find that you cannot stay for the period of your original booking, this includes into the following year if necessary (although a price adjustment may apply). If you find that you still have no option but to cancel your booking then we reserve the right to apply a cancellation charge.
The amount of cancellation charges are shown as a percentage of the booking price.
More than 14 days FREE
7-14 days of departure 50%
7 days or less 100%
Note: if the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
(The above cancellation charges may not apply if you have booked through an online agent or third party, please check the individual cancellation policy of the particular agent used at the time of booking).
To amend or Cancel Your Booking, call the business directly using the number contained within the booking confirmation. If you amend Your Booking within 48 hours of the scheduled check-in time on the date of arrival, and as a result You cancel any room night with less than 48 hours notice a charge equivalent to the cost of one night’s accommodation (or Service) will be levied.
The total amount payable to confirm Your Booking will be quoted by Us to You and will be charged to Your credit or debit card at the time of Booking if You wish to proceed.
All bookings are PAYMENT IN FULL if and when they fall within 8 weeks of Your arrival date, if you have only paid a deposit you will be contacted by Us to process the balance due in order to finalise Your Booking. Your Booking is NOT confirmed until it has been paid in full.
All additional goods or services purchased during your stay must be paid in full on or before your check-out, failure to do so will render such goods or services to be charged to Your credit or debit card details held at the time of Booking and may incur an administration charge.
We may process the information You provide to Us for the purposes notified by Us to the Information Commissioner. By making a Booking, You consent to this processing of information. We are a registered company under the IOM GDPR act, please contact Us for further information.
Conditions of stay.
We have some standard rules that are designed to ensure that we comply with regulations relating to matters such as fire, health and safety, and to enhance the comfort and well-being of our guests.
We take our responsibility to our other guests and clients staying very seriously and this condition is for the benefit of everyone. If you are reported and found to have abused the rule you will be deemed to have broken your contract with ourselves (or any agent you have may have booked through) and will be requested to vacate the premises immediately with Police assistance if necessary.
NO EXCESSIVE NOISE:
We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and to this end we have double glazed and soundproofed our apartments to the highest standard, however, this will not make any difference should the windows be open or excessive noise be made without regard to others. No loud disturbances or noise-nuisance are tolerated on these premises. In the event of a disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be given to reduce the noise. Failure to observe an understanding will result in the termination of your booking contract.
ANY DAMAGE AND/OR THEFT:
Whilst we naturally allow for normal wear and tear and understand that accidents do happen it is important that you inform us of any damage you find either as you check-in or that might, unfortunately, happen during your stay, this will protect you against any report by the cleaners to our office. Should this damage/theft come to light after check out, we reserve the right and you hereby authorise us to charge you for any damage incurred during your stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc. We will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting a specialist to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
We reserve the right to terminate Your Booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where You engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests.
Other than for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or misrepresentation, Our total liability to You is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will We be responsible for any indirect or special damages.
We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to Us or our Our property by Your act, omission, default or neglect and You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss.
Fire Safety Policy
Your safety is paramount to us and our system is therefore tested weekly on Mondays at noon. Should it continue for more than a few seconds then please evacuate the building as per the Fire Action Notice. Please familiarise yourself with the Fire Action Notice in the event of an emergency, this can be found on the notice board of your apartment.
Unfortunately, we do not allow pets in the apartments, for guests and clients who require this service there are several boarding kennels and catteries nearby for use in conjunction with your stay.
Whilst we understand some of our guests will be on the island to visit friends or family, only the paying guests registered to each apartment are entitled to be in the apartment overnight between 9.00 pm and 10.00 am. As a registered guest, you are responsible for your visitor at all times. To confirm visiting hours for non paying guests are between 10.00 am and 9.00 pm. It is not permitted to allow any other person to remain in the building overnight without them first being registered and payment made, we protect this policy and that of other registered guests by the use of CCTV coverage in our entrances and exits. A charge may be applied to your security deposit if this is found to be abused.
Please note that all stag, hen or party groups are strictly not allowed. We make every effort to make our guests stay pleasant and peaceful and will refuse check-in to this type of booking. Please contact us before arrival if in any doubt in order to avoid possible disappointment.
Children and families are most welcome. Our child rate is from 2-15 yrs with under 2 yrs free.
In line with Government Legislation smoking is NOT PERMITTED anywhere within the building, it is strictly forbidden to smoke out of the windows. Any report of this happening on our property will result in action from us including the ability to cancel the offenders’ accommodation contract and/or charge for appropriate cleaning services. Smoking is only permitted outside of the building at the front entrance steps.
Isle of Man Event Services Information
For all Terms and Conditions please go to their web-site at www.iomevents.com or telephone +44 (0)1624 664460.
CHANGES TO OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS/POLICY:
We reserve the right to amend, modify, change, cancel or add to these Policies/Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice. Please check our website regularly for updates to Policies/Terms & Conditions. Any modifications that occur before your departure is considered a part of your booking agreement with us. A copy of these Policies/Terms & Conditions is located on our website, the apartment notice board, and available from Front Desk staff upon request.
The Cunard Apartments are located on Loch Promenade overlooking Douglas Marine Gardens and Bay. We are situated directly in front of Douglas town centre within yards of all the main shops and restaurants.
The building has six large and spacious two bedroomed apartments spread over three floors, accessible by stairs only. Each apartment also contains a small split-level set of steps between the front and back halves of the layout.
The Cunard was built in the late 1870’s in the traditional Victorian style of the day and although the property has been extensively refurbished to create the more recent units of apartment accommodation within its shell, it still nevertheless contains the original build characteristics of the house of that time which may make access difficult for people with limited mobility. For example the building does not have a lift and the construction and design of the building is not suitable for the installation of a lift.
We do try very hard to meet individual needs of each client and we very much look forward to welcoming you to the Cunard Apartments. If you have any queries or require any assistance regarding the above then please phone +44 (0)1624 676728 or email email@example.com
- You can find the Cunard Apartments on Loch Promenade in Douglas, just a few doors away from the Loch Parade Church, opposite the fountain in the sunken Marine Gardens. (Loch Promenade is nearest to the Ferry Port). The walk from the Sea Terminal to apartments is approximately 5 minutes along Douglas Promenade which is paved and level.
- If you are arriving by air, you can catch a bus from just outside the main airport exit every 20 minutes. Bus numbers 1, 2, 11 and 12, take you directly into Douglas and most will stop outside the church on Loch Promenade a few doors from the apartments. Just check when you get on if the bus is stopping on Loch Promenade or Douglas Bus station which is approx 10 mins on foot along paved and level walkways. Alternatively, there is a Taxi Rank outside the front door of the airport, the normal fare to Douglas and the apartments will be approx £25.00
- The nearest bus stop is within 30m of the building. A regular bus service (every 20 mins) takes you into the main Douglas Bus Station where you can change buses for several destinations.
- Taxis can be pre-booked for you if required, please contact reception.
Car Parking and Access
- Street parking is freely available directly outside of the property for a maximum of 2 hours during the day or 4 hours with a disability badge. Sundays and overnight parking is unrestricted. We provide you with a parking disc free of charge which you will need to display on your windscreen.
- Parking within this area is subject to the regulations of a disc parking zone and you must display a parking disc. Please check each parking zone signage as parking durations differ. Discs are freely available in reception.
- If you require longer than the parking zones permit the following car parks are available nearby for a fee; Chester street, Drumgold, Quay Side/Lord Street, The Bottleneck & Sea Terminal car park.
- Access to the Cunard Apartments building is gained from a flagged pavement up 6 steps, between 5 – 9 inches high and 78 inches wide. This gives access to the vestibule, hallway and reception area. The hallway and reception area are level throughout and the floor coverings are tiled.
- The reception area is well lit with LED low energy downlighting.
• Guests are welcomed and given their check-in details and apartment keycards in the reception hallway of building No: 28 which is a level tiled floor throughout. There are no chairs at reception but there are at the front entrance should you require to sit. Please advise prior to arrival if assistance is required with luggage for a smooth check-in.
- The apartments are located on the 1st to 3rd floors of the building and require step access from street level to the main entrance and ground floor. As there is no lift access it is therefore your responsibility to confirm if you require a lower floor or have any disability queries before submitting a booking. We cannot be held responsible if you incorrectly book although we will of course do our best to remedy the situation if possible.
- Accompanied children and families are most welcome.
- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED anywhere within the building (by order of I.O.M. Government Legislation), smoking is only permitted outside of the front entrances to the building.
- All areas are well lit using a combination of automatic LED ceiling and down lighting lamps.
- There is a short pile carpet on the stairs throughout.
- There is a continuous flight of 13 stepped stairs 7 inches high and 30 inches wide to the first floor with a bannister rail on one side
- There are automatic audible smoke and fire alarms in the stairwell and inside all apartments.
- There is no lift, apartments are accessed by stairs only.
- A FAQ’s section is available to view on our web-site which is found at www.cunard-accom.com please take the time to view where you will find a full selection of answers, however if you do have any further queries or require any assistance then please feel free to phone +44 (0)1624 676728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org